What is the course about?
“Mindfulness is knowing what is happening, while it is happening, without preference” – Rob Nairn
The aims of the course are to help you to develop an in-depth personal experience of mindfulness and to build the foundations of a sustained personal practice, with a view to applying this in your life and perhaps also in your professional work.
Is it for me?
The course is ideal for beginners as well as for those who have previous experience of mindfulness and who want to develop their practice. The course is experiential, not therapeutic.
What will we cover?
The Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) is a weekly mindfulness course based on the Mindfulness Association’s Level 1 Mindfulness Training. The weekly themes are:
- Introductory Session – What is Mindfulness and Why Practice It?
- Week 1 – Start Where We Are
- Week 2 – The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week 3 – Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week 4 – Working with Distraction
- Week 5 – Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week 6 – Attitude of the Observer•Day of Practice
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance
- Week 8 – A Mindfulness Based Life
- Follow Up – The Rest of Your Life
How will the course be delivered?
The course consists of eight sessions which are typically two hours long, preceded by an introductory session before the eight week course begins and concluded by follow up session after the eight week course ends. A day of mindfulness practice is also typically included between weeks 6 and 7.
Each session consists of explanation, guided practice, group reflection and inquiry. Participants are provided with the manual and guided meditation audio files for home practice.
When, where and how much?
Time, place and cost of the upcoming course to be confirmed.
To book your place, please get in touch via the contact form.