What is the course about?
The course will help you reflect on and understand your relationship with stress and will look at strategies to manage stress effectively and build resilience. It will help develop your self-regulation skills and increase your resources to help manage the stressors in your life and work.
Is it for me?
The course is open to everyone, no prior training is required. You should be able to listen, follow instructions and participate in discussions.
What will we cover?
- An assessment of what causes stress and examples of how stress is experienced physically, psychologically, and in behaviour patterns
- An exploration of stress effect on performance and wellbeing as well as investigation into personally optimal states
- Practice of active coping strategies to recognise and reduce the effects of the stress response
- Practice of variety of relaxation techniques
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered in 4 interactive workshop-style sessions of 1.5 h. A variety of training methods will be used including demonstrations, individual work, pair or group work and guided relaxation practice. You will be encouraged to continue home practice in between the sessions.
By the end of this course you should be able to…
- Recognise your own early signs of stress
- Employ a range of techniques for minimising stress once it has occurred
- Select strategies to eliminate some of the stressors in your life
- Practise a series of exercises to achieve a relaxation response
If you wish to arrange the programme to be delivered at your organisation or would like to join an open group, please get in touch via the contact form.