Mindfulness is a mental skill that involves paying attention to our present moment experience with an attitude of non-judgement and acceptance. The purpose of this workshop is to explore the benefits that mindfulness training has to offer to runners. It is lead by a sports psychologist, mindfulness trainer and a runner Rita Dekšnytė, and through practical exercises and discussions will explore the following questions:
- Why it might be beneficial to leave your headphones and smart gadgets at home?
- How to integrate mindfulness into your training and recovery routine?
- How to be mindful on the move?
- How it may be helpful to be present for your whole experience – the good, the bad and the ugly?
- How can being with (rather than avoiding) pain and discomfort can help embrace the challenge and stretch your limits?
Whether you are a competitive or recreational runner, no matter if your goal is to beat your personal best or simply have fun on course with like-minded people, tuning in to your present moment experience rather than checking out can boost both your running and your wellbeing.
Time: Sunday, October 13th, 2019 13:00 – 15:00
Place: Maarten Lutherweg 158, Amstelveen
Registration: early bird fee is 15 EUR (until October 8th), regular fee 20 EUR. Please book your place via the contact form.